Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Santa Baby

This is me... pretending that it hasn't been fourteen years since my last post.


Last year at about this time, my son introduced me to pandora.com. I love love love it, especially at this time of year. However, being a perfectionist by nature, I have to mention that some songs are sacred. I mean, really, Michael Buble should NEVER sing Santa Baby (or Buddy, or Dude). Everyone knows that that song belongs to Eartha Kitt; back up off Michael!


The problem with Christmas music is that there really isn't that much variety of songs, just artists. But the truth is that no one sings Mary Did You Know like Kathy Mattea, or Baby It's Cold Outside like Barry Manilow and KT Oslin. This year when I was loading my personal collection of Christmas music on to my iphone I resisted the urge to create a Christmas favorite list just so that I would only have one version of I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day (Casting Crowns, of course) and You're a Mean One, Mr. Grinch (Go Fish). The truth is that sometimes I am not very objective. Otherwise I am pretty sure that Julie Andrews' Favorite Things would trump Tony Bennett, but not so in my mind. After all, Tony kicked off Christmas every year when I was a child... sorry Ms. Andrews, betcha didn't see THAT coming!

All in all, I just love Christmas music so when we got to start our holidays early this year because Brian was here at Thanksgiving, this girl was not complaining.

Not one. little. bit.

No comments: