Friday, July 1, 2011

Clarification

For the record, the registered letter that I received resulting in my homeless situation was apparently not an "eviction"... not in the legal sense. It was simply "a letter requesting a move", although I don't remember it saying please. I did not know this until the second time I was forced to call the police (so that I could leave with some measure of peace) and the kind officer told me.

Unfortunately I'm a bookkeeper.

Not a LAWYER

and when I get a letter that says get out on or before 8/1, I take it to mean get out.

silly me.

2 comments:

rthling said...

Duh...
Looked official to me!

Joanna said...

Just think, someday when someone is all old and feeble sitting in a wheelchair - you can find a nice big hill - and then push. Oh wait, I forgot you were trying to be good through all this. In that case, you were at my house having tea when we saw this crazy lady in a wheelchair go flying by. Personally, I think she was tipping the bottle if you know what I mean. ;)

Oh my. I am so sorry for all the heartache you are going through. But I know it oh so well.