Tuesday, June 8, 2010

There goes the budget

Well, I have finally succumbed to the inevitable. I have hired a sweet college student to clean for me over the summer. I hereby admit defeat. I have this insane desire to come home to toilets that don't scare me and showers that don't gross me out. Of course this simply means that I clean like crazy the night before she comes over, but whatever. There are just, literally, not enough hours in the day to complete a woman's tasks; and if she is working full time... forget about it (insert nasally NY accent). When you add the summer time yard and pool stuff there is just no way.

Having someone in your house - even someone you trust- is somewhat daunting. This person is going to have access to all your stuff; know all of your deepest darkest secrets... assuming you have any. but still. Do I really want someone poking thru my medicine cabinet, seeing all of those expired prescriptions that I cannot seem to dispose of??? What about my secret stash of junk that really has no place, but I still keep it. Hair on the soap? Poo on the back side of the toilet lid?? KY jelly?? (sorry, dad) I mean really. Is it worth it??

It SO is:)

and yet I wonder.

3 comments:

rthling said...

Oh. My. Goodness. I don't know you anymore.


You have hair on your soap??

My Goodness said...

I'm jealous. And I'm 'supposed' to have time to do it all. Oh well.

Toilets and floors. That's what I'd pay someone to do!

Enjoy it!! It'll be alright!!

Glad you have some help!

Joanna said...

I live with 4 guys and I would love never ever to clean a toilet ever again.
Hide the KY under a pillow as it makes for easy access, then pray like crazy the tooth fairy doesn't come a calling. :)