Tuesday, December 8, 2009

New lessons about old stuff

So much for my brilliant plan of weekend blogging. Weekends at this point are somewhat of a blur of laundry and cooking and shopping and church. I am not sure what I was thinking when I said that I would have time to sit at a computer... or that I would want to after sitting at one all day every other day of the week.

So... I am going to try lunch time blogging before I give this up completely:)

I have learned a few things about myself these last few busy weeks. First, I really am a list nerd. Not that I haven't been told that over the years; sometimes with a smile and sometimes not so much... I do believe that "control freak" may have been used. whatever. Those who accuse often rely on my organized nature to bring order to their own lives; and eat at my table come Thanksgiving. I'm just saying.

My job is primarily about bringing order to the chaos of insurance submissions and rejections and such. It comes as no real surprise that insurance companies are not falling all over themselves to pay their providers in spite of the ridiculous premiums that we pay. Seeing it on paper is a bit of an eye opener, I must admit; but charting their insufficiencies is really fascinating.

I have also learned that I LOVE sleeping to work. That little cat nap is just what I need to make it thru the day. I really hate it when hubby tells me he is test driving a car home for the night, cause although that means I get to go home an hour early; it also means that I will be driving myself to work at the crack of dawn. yuck.

And... I have been reminded that I am a bit short tempered with rude and/or stupid drivers. It has been years since I have regularly driven in the high volume of rush hour. Memphis drivers are the worst. The shoulder is NOT A LANE, PEOPLE... and I will stick my little Malibu hiney over the line to make you follow the rules without any remorse whatsoever. And when I am tooling along with the flow of traffic, do NOT mosey over in front of me if you are not willing to keep up. And, no, flipping on your bright lights will not make me want to move out of your way so that you can blow my doors off.

Just for the record, I am not sleeping and driving at the same time:)

I sleep to work and drive home.

In case you were wondering.

3 comments:

Joanna said...

Noooo! Don't pull the plug on the blogging. How else am I suppose to know you survived the holidays?

My Goodness said...

You are so entertaining, please do blog at lunch!! :-)

rthling said...

Yay for lunchtime blogging!