Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Dogs days

As we approach the end of the work day, it appears that we have had what appears by all rights to be a good day. We say that with caution because every time we think that, it all goes to caca... but you get the point.

Having said that, my version of a good day these days is that I took a shower and made my bed. Oh, and I put a roast in the oven to cook for supper. Hubs will be so proud - especially of that shower thing. Hair is clean. Legs are shaved. Not a stitch of make up. Oh well, you can't have it all; at least not at the same time:) Hey, and I just have to say that shaving those legs is no small feat, given the amount of drugs I have been taking lately. He should just be thankful that I still HAVE two legs.

I just would like to take a moment to thank Spike TV for having non stop CSI episodes all day every day. I never have been into soaps, but a good murder? who can resist that? It also helps that I have already seen most all of those episodes, so as I drift in and out of consciousness I can still keep up with what is going on.

The dogs have come to think of me as just one of the girls. Laying around all day. Just getting up now and again to pee or get a drink. I am resisting the urge to chase the ball down the hall right now.

Bethany is doing very well in school and I am so proud. The year is already flying by with pictures taken and homecoming this week. Tomorrow is field day. She doesn't even know what "field day" is. She has never done homecoming. It's kinda neat to see her experiencing some more traditional school things. Don't get me wrong, we loved the home schooling thing. I guess this just reaffirms our decision about the timing of this move. Her grades are good, and she is developing good relationships with teachers and students alike. Wow; she amazes me every day. Take THAT, you anti-home schooling "they-will-never-learn-social-skills" dummies. Whew - please excuse me; it's the drug talking:)

Back to the couch people. ttfn.

1 comment:

rthling said...

Take that, indeed!
PBBBLLLLL!
(and I'm not even on drugs...)