Tuesday, July 21, 2009

The small stuff

As I sit here listening to the pitter patter of the rain on the roof, I am feeling a little tickled with myself. All summer long I have been playing this little game with God that goes something like this... 1) hm. the pool is a little low. guess I'll drop a hose in it and add a little water (cha ching) 2) forget the hose is running... rats. 3) rain three inches 4) drain excess water out of the pool. Today it needed water in the worst way, but would I give in?? nope. It's fine now. Thanks God.

Today is also Brian's day off of work. He was going to go fishing with some friends. He was gone about 15 minutes when the deluge came. chuckle. chuckle. When you get older the smallest things amuse you:)

Yesterday, in the wee hours of the morning hubby stepped out of bed into an unfortunate pile of what occasionally happens when you have three dogs. He jumped back onto the other foot into a puddle of what happens when they have been trying and trying to get you to get up off the couch and let them out. I did not laugh. out loud.

My favorite... I recently shocked the socks off of a teenager with my uncanny ability to read her mind.

No comments: