Wednesday, June 3, 2009

rambling nothingness

Two posts in one day. Don't YOU feel lucky:)

I cannot tell you how weird it feels to type with a numb finger and thumb. I swear if there was some way to type with a lisp, I would be doing it. thorry, I jutht crack mythelf up thometimeth.

Anyway... the thumb is not nearly as dead as the finger, but every time I hit the space bar it's like stomping your foot while its asleep. I'mthinkingabouttypinglikethisforawhile. I don't think that that will work. The finger is just dead weight. I am just dragging it around from key to key and bonking it on the letter, which is slowing down my incredible pace. oh well.

I was hoping to avoid physical therapy, but the doctor put the fear of God into me and, well; I caved. I went straight from his office to the perky devil woman down the hall. Heat therapy... ahh. followed by exercises. OW. Not exactly the spa, but if I can write my name when this is over, then it's all good.

By the way... and totally off the subject. While I have been convalescing, Bethany has gone from driving permit to full fledged licence. yay me. While it is convenient to have her able to drive herself back and forth to music lessons and to Sonic to get me a root beer float, somehow I missed the part where she will now no longer be home. and neither will my car. I think that they both still live here...

Now I have a 19 years old and a 16 year old, neither one of which who owns a car. Between Brian going back and forth to work and various activities and Bethany jetting about town to this and that I am literally stranded in my own home. I make the car note, and the insurance, and fill it with gas and I NEVER have a car. If I had a nickel for every time I have opened the door to leave, only to be faced with an empty carport... that pool would not be such a problem. I'm just saying.

All of that to say that there was actually a day when I told myself that I would not be of those parents who handicapped their children by providing their transportation. I wanted them to learn the lessons of self reliance and responsibility. whatever. I think that those parents may have known something that I had yet to learn.

Someday I might want to go somewhere.

2 comments:

rthling said...

You crack me up thometimeth, too.
I totally laughed out loud.

And I'll be the last hold out. I'm NEVER going to let my kids leave me stranded like you do.

(I'll buy them a car, first:)

Debbie said...

Well I am a child of God. I have a husband, a 19 (almost 20 year old) daughter, two dogs, and a 23 year old hand problem. It seems we have quite a bit in common. I enjoyed your post...not the part about you injuring your hand...just your way of telling it.