Thursday, May 7, 2009

How was YOUR day, honey?

It started out as an ordinary day. Sink full of dirty dishes. Piles of laundry. Dogs needing to be fed. Just a day in the life... and then - wham. Dropped a large glass vase into my pretty porcelain sink and tried to catch it. I caught it alright. Right at the moment of impact. It basically exploded in my hands. Bad plan. Right hand came back shredded. I knew right away it was bad. Good news is that my son, who is moments away from getting his EMT licence, AND my car were actually home. Talk about the hand of God.

While Brian was barking instructions to his sister, I was trying to keep from passing out in my kitchen floor. Took those kids seconds to get my insurance card and my bleeding laceration into the car and off to the ER. Wow... that's a switch.

Fortunately, the closest hospital to us is kinda small and doesn't get alot of action. We didnt have to wait too long, which I suppose could have more to do with the greenish color of my face, but whatever. Four hours and sixteen stiches later and I was on my way. whew.

Now I have to have surgery to repair the nerves that I damaged and possibly a tendon. fun. They told me not worry, they won't even put me under for this procedure... just give me a little something to relax me and then a local. I think that I would be more relaxed if they put me under. I'm just saying.

All this to say... I'm gonna be gone for a little while. Typing with one hand is for the birds:)

No comments: