Thursday, April 23, 2009

Don't let the bed bugs bite

I have a problem... I am a chronic insomniac. It is getting worse as I get older. I have tried all kinds of gimmicks and pills and can't seem to shake it. The last week or so I have been taking a combination of melatonin and Tylenol pm, but even that is not quite getting the job done. Of course, like anything the more stuff I take the more stuff it takes. Time to detox. I'm am waiting until after this weekend, because Bethany's 16th birthday is Saturday and we will be having all manner of friends and family over here. I am not very nice when I am tired. you're welcome.

In addition to being a hopeless insomniac, I am also a VERY light sleeper... when the happy moment actually does arrive. When Brian was little I could hear him if he left his room and wandered down the hall toward the living room, no matter how quiet he walked. Because he had to walk between the A/C unit and my bedroom door, the sound that the A/C unit was making would be disturbed momentarily and it would wake me up. OR... if he was smart enough to wait until the A/C shut off, the sound of the carpet piles squishing would wake me up. Poor kid didn't stand a chance.

Naturally, I married the LOUDEST snorer in the tri state area. Needless to say, I "sleep" on the couch alot. The problem with the couch is that it is in the living room. with the dish. Did you know that the DVR talks to the dish all night long? I have no idea what they have to talk about, but all I hear is rr.rr.rr.rr. ALL. NIGHT. LONG. That, and the clock. The one that chimes every hour and TICKS very loudly. So, I have developed this strategic process of pillows under my head and pillows over my head to block out this cacophony. Then there is the heating pad for my back and the pillow between my knees, but that's a whole nother subject.

So anyway, last night while the weather was so pretty the windows were open to let in the fresh spring air and the sounds of some incredibly loud bird who decided to TWEEET TWEEET TWEEET during the wee hours of the morning. I mean "wee"; as in it was still dark as midnight outside. Everyone knows that birds don't start singing till the sun comes up.

Stupid bird.

2 comments:

Joanna said...

Wow! That is hard. Have fried chicken for dinner and you'll feel a little bit vengeful. >;)

rthling said...

You are hilarious. We should hang out sometime.