Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Doctor, doctor; give me the news...

I finally made it to the doctor today. After the snow day with no snow, I took my sweet time rescheduling THAT appointment. No snow in the forecast today, so it was a go.

Trouble is, when I FINALLY get around to going to the doctor I have a whole list of stuff to discuss. One "appointment" really just isn't enough time for me to feel that I have been heard. First, I tend to be reflective and take a little coaxing to reveal the true nature to my situation. She really doesn't have time for this. My last doctor was really good at making me feel comfortable. He remembered stuff like where my husband works, what activities my kids are into, and that I home school. Course when we got around to talking about how I was feeling, I always felt a little rushed and since my health was really the point of the visit I kinda wished we spent more time talking about it. This doctor cuts right to the chase and I end up having to set aside my need to be comfortable before I tell her my deepest darkest medical secrets... the whole list of them.

Okay, so which is better??? having a list of six symptoms that may or may not be important? or going to the doctor every couple of weeks with one symptom at a time. I am not sure which one makes me look less crazy, but I know which one is gonna cost me twenty five bucks a pop.

I am still in the limbo land of the undiagnosable diseases so we made sure to take a bucket full of blood to send off somewhere so that someone could run tests and then tell me nothing. We also took urine. I'm clean... that's nice to know. you're welcome.

The bad news is that I can't have caffeine anymore. HUH? No more Dr. Pepper. No more Excedrin. Warning to my friends... MAINTAIN YOUR DISTANCE for the foreseeable future. The good news is that she refilled the good drugs:)

3 comments:

Joanna said...

Good to know you're clean. So sorry you have to cut out caffeine. If you're going to suffer might as well let others join in on the fun.

rthling said...

I'm telling her you had Dr. Pepper AND root beer today.

My Goodness said...

Oh no...forced to kick the habit?? I'd be very very sad myself. I love my drug of choice...caffeine...

Hang in there...