Tuesday, February 10, 2009

All the news that IS news...

I am feeling a little creative this morning. That, and slightly overworked, underappreciated and just a little tired... totally not the point:) I am working on a project for a friend who has a birthday coming up, making curtains for my kitchen because I have yet to find any that make me happy (in spite of that window being uncovered for over a year), and prepping my "spare" bedroom for a new coat of paint. I am also trying to keep the laundry going and the dishes caught up. whatever.

Those silly curtains are turning into more of a headache than I would have imagined. And more expensive, too. I wanted shutters on that window, but didn't want to pay for them. Maybe I should have...

And that "spare" room. Yeah, well Brian is sleeping in it again. It's too cold in the shop, Mom. I told him that it was gonna get cold, but did he listen to me and put up some walls. nope. I'm such a sucker for a sad, suffering, whiny little kid. even if he is 6'2". I am even doing his laundry again ever since he broke his collar bone on that stupid ski trip. I am sensing a conspiracy here.

I have been feeling really yucky here lately so after a little research on the internet (doctors really like it when you do that:) I am fairly sure that I have landed SMACK in the middle of the perimenopause thingy. breast tenderness; check. trouble sleeping; check. periods from Hades that seem to be getting closer and closer together; check. bladder "issues"; check. mood swings... whatever do you mean??? Made an appointment to see the doctor. I am not sure what good that will do, but you do what you can.

This past weekend we had a tiny little window of springyness... sunshine and warm temperatures. Just enough to make you REALLY tired of winter. I expect it'll snow now. The weather here in the midsouth is always a little crazy. We moan and groan all winter because all the people up north are hogging all the pretty snow and we get nothing but rain; then, just as the bathing suits hit the shelves... WHAM! ice storm.

I saw the first bathing suits at Walmart yesterday. I think I better pick up some milk.

2 comments:

rthling said...

And batteries, and rock salt, and bottled water...

Joanna said...

We had nice weather too and I heard we'll have snow by the end of the week. Dang it!