Wednesday, January 28, 2009

YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME!!!!!!!!

So we had a little rain. a little ice. a little smattering of snowy stuff. So what.

Today I had an appointment with my doctor to discuss my health issues and some new symptoms that I have begun to have. I HATE going to the doctor, so the fact that I had actually made the appointment meant it was to THAT point. apparently not. I arrived at the doctors office to find the parking lot surprisingly empty. hmmm. pulled up to the door to find a cheerful little sign announcing, "we're closed:)" You don't say. I could have sworn that I made an appointment. My calendar says that you made the appointment for me, so what's up with the sign? I came home just sure that this little mix-up was due to the fact that I had arrive a little early.. Maybe you close the office during the lunch hour so that your staff can all run home at the same time to have lunch with their families, hence the empty parking lot. I came home and called the office, just to check. Nope. Answering machine says you are closed due to "inclement weather". YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME!!!!!!!!

Now, I realize that we have closed the schools today in Tipton county because, God forbid, that a child should be hurt trying to get to school. But, YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME!!! My dad lives in Wisconsin and has gotten about 65 feet of snow this year, starting around the fourth of July. It's a wonder that anyone up there is still alive.

But, we are adults and I find it reprehensible that a DOCTOR's office is closed when my driveway has nothing but puddles on it and I don't even OWN a show shovel. My appointment was at 1:15 pm. It must be 45 degrees out there, people. Now I realize that I have been homeschooling for a number of years and that, as such, I may have access to information that maybe the general public has forgotten... but, I am pretty sure that the freezing temperature of water is 32 degrees. I could be wrong, but I don't think so.

Add to that idiocy the fact that this doctor's office that was so concerned about my welfare that it didn't want me to risk my life to come in for a visit, neglected to call and let me know about this arrangement. Of course, it never occurred to me that if the parking lot at Walmart was packed that it would be too dangerous to drive to my own doctor's office so off I went. Stupid me.

Interestingly enough, my husband who is a service advisor for Mercedes Benz, dragged his little hiney out of bed and off to work an hour early this morning to give himself plenty of time to make the fifty mile drive downtown because he had appointments on the schedule today. Some rich woman in Memphis is getting an oil change today because my husband didn't use a little dusting of snow as an excuse to not go to work... but I have an ulcer that can wait.

Grrrr.

1 comment:

rthling said...

Those bas... I mean re-tards!