Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Getting to the point...

is not generally my strong suit. I usually like to string along my story, sharing all the gory details, but at the risk of boring my considerable readership to death; here goes.


Last summer I spent several months in panic mode with bill collectors and gas prices etc. looking feverishly for actual employment (not to be confused with the little "pin money" I was making babysitting at home). After considerable stress, I was reminded that providing for my family was not my responsibility and therefore I was put on notice about my worrying. Turned down a couple of offers after that, including a request to return to my previously loved job. Fast forward a couple of months and low-and-behold the perfect job that I had hunted for all summer was basically handed to me on a silver platter. Was pretty sure that God was now letting me enjoy a new opportunity without the pressure of the responsibility for provision.


Much praying... weeks of hoping... waiting on right timing... excitement... planning... counting chickens... until SLAM. door shut.


Add to that, my job hunting last summer led to "my" kids being put on a waiting list for preschool (unbeknownst to me). So, opening for them for next Monday was taken. Now I am no longer babysitting AND I have no job.


Can you be BEHIND square one?

3 comments:

Joanna said...

So sorry! At least your mom doesn't live with you. I will find that silver lining in the cesspool of life - for other people.

Praying for you!

My Goodness said...

Stink. What happened with the perfect job?!?! I'm so sorry...

Smiling Shelly said...

ARG! How frustrating!

Stay strong and keep the faith, He will guide you in the right direction.