Monday, December 1, 2008

It's beginning to look alot like Christmas... I mean the "holidays"

So I was doing a little decorating and listening to Tony Bennett, my official entrance into the Christmas season, and the thought occurred to me... raindrop on roses and whiskers on kittens; bright copper kettles and warm woolen mittens; brown paper packages tied up with strings. Are these really indicative of my favorite things? I think not. Who makes this stuff up, anyway. I think that they were just looking for stuff that rhymes. I mean really; they could have been just looking around the room, making it up as they went. They were probably sitting in a group around the kitchen table after having one too many and writing the quintessential song of The Sound of Music. Of course if Julie Andrews sings it, it must be true. She plays a nun, after all.

December is in full force. I have already hosted a progressive dinner (dessert part) and attended a Sunday school party. We still have potentially four more family gatherings to participate in and several doctors appointments to hit before the end of the year. Is anyone else tired just from the planning? Fortunately, I only have the boys two days this week and next and then I am "off" for the next two weeks. yippee.

3 comments:

Joanna said...

I think there was something in their eggnog when they were writing the song.

Glad to see you are surviving the holiday season so far.

Smiling Shelly said...

What?? You don't like brown paper bags tied up in strings??? Prolly because yours doesn't have the liquor bottle in it - which is obviously why they like theirs so much. I'm just sayin'

December is always a crazy time of year.

rthling said...

Dude! Those really ARE my favorite things!
'specially when Tony sings it.