Wednesday, November 26, 2008

just what the doctor ordered

Yesterday I took a little trip over to the next town to pick up my four year old niece/goddaughter to spend a little pre-holiday time with her. Bethany spent the night with BFF so Madison had to sleep in her room alone. Not a happy thing. Pretty sure she sleeps with her momma every night because we kind of have this thing every time she's over. In the midst of the negotiations about a good night's sleep I offered to let Zoe sleep with her... Her answer, "I need a HU MAN." She didn't follow it with... stu pid, but I am pretty sure I heard it:)

She cracks me up. That's what I needed this week. A little perspective.

3 comments:

rthling said...

I can so hear her saying that!

Smiling Shelly said...

Ha ha!! So now I'm curious...did a HU MAN sleep with her??

Chris said...

nope. but I let her fall asleep in my lap and her uncle David carried her comatose carcass to the lonely recess of the back bedroom. I'm a sucker, I know. big blue eyes... works every time.