Thursday, October 9, 2008

Okay... that's just NOT funny.

I was kidding about the offers starting to pour in now. Turns out that the enemy wasn't.

You know the moment when the peace comes. You take a deep breath, and although the problems haven't really resolved; you just know that you have taken the first step in the right direction... maybe in a very long time. Then the devil comes and JERKS the rug out from under you. Well, mine came in the form of an email from the very nice Dr. Soandso who was requesting my presence for a sit down interview for my full time, full charge bookkeeping position using none other than the programs that I cut my teeth on. Okay God, test number 1... I wrote him a very sweet thanks, but no thanks email. and. sent. it. YIKES! Are you sure about this God??? Do you know what he did? he emailed back to thank me for my reply and wish me luck with the "new" position that I told him that I had accepted. It's not so much a "new" position as much as it is an accepting of the "old" position, but whatever...

Spent all afternoon yesterday scouring the paper for sale items to live off of for the week. This week our menu will consist of every dish I can think of with split chicken breasts, some hot dog buns, yogurt, and a side dish of crest.

Think of it as an adventure.

4 comments:

rthling said...

Hmm, crested chicken dogs: sounds minty-licious.
That Dr. Soandso sounds nice.

My Goodness said...

I just KNOW you'll be rewarded for your obedience!

But I'll pass on the tootpaste chicken!! hee!

Jenny said...

Don't forget the Pillsbury Grands!

And if you hate clipping coupons, go to Kroger.com and get the ones that load directly onto your Plus card. My yogurt and Grands were even cheaper that way. :)

Smiling Shelly said...

Wow! I'm sure that was hard passing up an offer right after you had made peace with your decision to stay in your "old" position.

I don't think I'll be coming to your house for dinner this week but on the up side, sounds like you'll be keeping the cavities at bay.