Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Wordless Wednesday... not

It appears that the people from job interview #2 are not going to call...

What's up with people not calling. Shouldn't the interviewer call the interviewee, even if the answer is no. This seems only polite. After all, the interviewee appeared when and where they were called and stayed as long as the interviewer was inclined to continue. It seems to me that the interviewee has earned a call back. It's just rude, I say; but, whatever.

At least I don't have to make THAT decision. Thanks, God. I was really struggling with it.

I have spent 2 hours this morning filling out more applications online. I am down to Kroger and Walgreens. Not that there is anything wrong with working at Kroger or Walgreens. It's just that my accounting degree promised so much more. Oh well. I'll take what I can get. Guess what, THEY do credit checks, too. What is UP with that? And, they have some sort of process where people on welfare get first dibs or something. Are you KIDDING me? My virtual application gets rejected because I need a job to pay my bills and I am not using the government to subsidize my housing or groceries. Is this a vicious circle or what???? I am so tired. I hear McDonalds calling me.

I have good news and bad news. Brian started his new job today:) woohoo! He actually got the perfect job for him. Sales clerk in the local christian book store. Did I mention that he is a voracious reader and that he is crazy for music?

The good news is that he found the perfect job for him...

the bad news is that I am not sure that any of his check will make it out of the store...

3 comments:

rthling said...

Boo for not at least getting a call. It should be common practice. At least it would be courteous.
Glad kid one got a job. Good thing you don't have one yet. He's going to need a way back and forth until he can make arrangements otherwise.
Does he have a bike helmet, LOL?

My Goodness said...

I agree...you should at least get a courtesy call...stink.

You'll find something...

Yay for B! I'm not sure my check would make it out of the store either...depends on how bad one wants his own car or something, eh?

Smiling Shelly said...

Depending on where you went for an interview, I have learned that it does sometimes take companies a while to call people back (much longer than one would expect if they were actually looking to fill a position.)

I'm not really sure where 'bouts in the boonies that you live, or exactly what type of job you're looking for... but if you send me an email I might have a suggestion.