Friday, September 12, 2008

buy one; get one free

Here is your extra thought for the day... completely and totally unrelated to the christmas stuff on the other blog.

I am not too sure that I like this whole "followers" stuff on the blog list. I dutifully have my "followers" listed, but I suddenly am reminded of my grade school years of unpopularity. Do I really want to relive the time in my life that I was the last one picked for any organized activity? Oh yes, I was the one... you remember. Middle school gym class, "no, YOU take her... we had her LAST time!" That was me. Shrinking over on the side lines. Praying that the volley ball would get no where near me and that class would be over before I was supposed to serve.

Oy with the poodles already!

4 comments:

rthling said...

I know exactly what you mean. Every time I open my dashboard I look to see if I have any new followers. It is even a little stressful, wondering if anybody likes me.
But the cool thing is that in cyberspace, I'm not looked at as the "fat girl."
Love what you named your list of followers.

Smiling Shelly said...

LOL! That was stressful wasn't it?? Well, looks like you are no longer the last person picked. You've got 5 followers...Oops, I mean people who have noticed you. That's great!!

Joanna said...

I don't know why but it ate my comment.

I'm with ya - sort of feels like virtual rejection.

Joanna said...

Of course if there are like 5 comments from me I'm going to feel like a total idiot. :)