Monday, August 11, 2008

There's a fungus among us

Can you hear it??

It is the sound of algae growing faster than a teenage boy can plow thru a box of his sister's favorite cereal.

Sis/BFF came running in the house the other day. "the pump to the pool sounds REALLY loud," she says. We go out... I THOUGHT that that was getting louder. But, then I figured it was just my over active imagination. By Saturday, it was so loud that I was unable to enjoy my leisurely float in the pool.

BTW, the pool is SUPPOSED to be for exercise. Floating burns no calories whatsoever, but is much more fun.

By Sunday, Hubby turned off the pump because it sounded like a 747 was landing in my backyard. We are afraid that the neighbors are gonna call the cops for the noise hazard. If they don't, I will. No wait, it's my pump. Rats.

Mom says the bearings (probably spelled wrong, but I am a girl and the spell check ain't gonna catch it) in the pump are going out. Gonna need a new or rebuilt pump. Double rats. Did I mention that my Dad was coming to visit in less than two weeks? Did I mention that David is taking a week of vacation time to enjoy the last of the season? Did I mention that I have had to buy curriculum? school supplies? uniforms? music school tuition? Did I mention that this month's income was $$$$ LESS THAN last month?

So much for my cocky blog about how I can fix stuff. Don't tell the kids.

3 comments:

Joanna said...

Now that's just wrong! Sounds like you need some chocolate.

My Goodness said...

Oh man...I hate that...I hope you find a solution soon.

Joanna said...

I left you something on my blog.