Monday, June 16, 2008

Money in the real world

I have a funny little song in my head today. Goes like this "money makes the world go round, the world go round, the world go round; a buck, a yen, a mark, a pound; money makes the world go round..money money money money blah blah blah". I used to have an economics teacher in high school that used to sing this over and over in class. He sells car insurance these days...who knew??

The homeschool group is sending out money saving tips today. Everyone is giving their best advise about coupons and such and I am feeling like a failure. I guess that I have just reached the point where I have given up. So hamburger costs $7 a pound...sure, give me three pounds! Gas, $4 a gallon...I'll drive:) You want REAL Captain Crunch??? no problem.

I don't remember the last time that I read a store flyer or cut a coupon. I just blindly rush thru Kroger letting complete strangers load my cart up. Imagine my surprise when I get home and unload the trunk full of Cheese Its and HubbaBubba.

I am so tired of the month lasting longer than the money... I just want to buy a package of socks, for heaven's sake, without having to take out a loan!! My husband still dreams about "one day" only now it sounds like "one day when the kids are gone" but I say what fun is that?? Who cares about the cool camper once they are not around to take camping?? I think I am just going to buy a time share and spend my winters on the beach somewhere...one day.

4 comments:

My Goodness said...

I STINK at clipping coupons and actually using them...it's terrible!

rthling said...

Beach? Did you say beach?
I'm in.

HappyChristian said...

I am too forgetful, I can be clip coupon happy, but they won't make it out of the house. And in the store I am too busy to worry about coupons- you know the classic "don't touch that!" "keep your hands and all other body parts to yourself!" "No, I am sorry, but we don't need that (or can't afford that)"
The beach sounds NICE right now.

Homines Partus said...

I don't clip coupons, but I found a site that makes finding restaurant deals (e.g. Entertainment.com, Restaurant.com and Passport Unlimited) easier. Just type in a search term (e.g. Sushi) and a location (e.g. Seattle) and check out the results. The places with green icons have deals.

http://www.metroseeq.com