Thursday, June 12, 2008

Cold medicine and other world wonders...

I decided tonight that I think it is safe to sit down and write a bit. I have been on cold medicine this past week and there have been alot of things floating around in my brain, but maybe not stuff I would want out in cyberworld. Not bad stuff, really, just stuff that makes you wonder what a person thinks about all day... Like last night in choir I was sitting there trying to pay attention to some new music and the thought hit me that my jeans were really shorter than I like them. I bought a size **Regular (I will just keep the number to myself, thank you very much) when maybe I should have bought a **Tall. The problem is that the "tall" variety are made for freakishly tall women like my sweet friend who should wear a t-shirt that says "I'm 6'3", and I am not that tall. I end up having to roll them up several times which looks a little weird...of course, that is not really the point. I am in choir. Who cares how long my pants are?

So, I pull myself together, sit up straight, put my music in order, take a deep breath, when I notice that my dad mentioned a praise that 7 of his grandchildren where in VBS this past week and I find myself going over all of the children in my head to check his count...what is UP with that???

Another deep breath...I wonder how much money I have left on my Kroger gift card that I purchased for $300 and got $30 free and wow that's almost a tank of gas, or maybe I haven't saved any money at all because I will go to Kroger for some things that I would normally have stopped at Walmart for and they will cost more. And, oh what if I stop at Kroger and can't find the card in my purse and have to use my debit card anyway...

Fast forward to Friday because I couldn't even sit still to finish THAT!

Took my baby to get her permit today. It's official...I'm old. Hardly even a mom anymore. I have to say though that it is really difficult to muster up some of that old fashioned excitement for the second kid getting a drivers license after the first one has been on the road for a couple of years. I mean, I know that it is just as thrilling for her to feel the rubber on the road as it was a couple of years ago for him, but I have had just about all of the years shaved off of my life that I can stand! But, I pulled myself up by my boot straps (figuratively speaking:) and made sure to hand over the keys before the day was out. whoopie...

While we were out, Bethany spent a good part of the afternoon spending all of her hard earned savings from birthday and baby sitting on clothes for camp. She is on the "pink" team this year, so we had to go all pink. Pink hats, pink jammies, pink shorts, pink shirts, pink eye...okay maybe not that; but she does have an appointment to get the bottom layer of her hair dyed pink tomorrow with a friend. Funny thing...she doesn't really like pink:) At least not this year. Favorite colors tend to change alot when you are 15. And may I just say that last year she was on the orange team, so none of those clothes are good this year. Whose idea was that??? I think they work for Target.

2 comments:

rthling said...

I so did the same head count over the 7 kids in VBS thing. We are one head in two bodies, for sure.
And props to the B-girl for passing the test!

My Goodness said...

Yikes another teen driver...haha!!
Can't wait to see her pink hair...I do like it when it's underneath the natural stuff. :)

And...believe it or not, I've been thinking of posting about the random stuff in my head. I still may do it even though you beat me. Who knew you weren't REALLY into the music at choir the other night...lol.