Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Wednesday musings...

I don't think that I have mentioned that my children are very artistic:) We have spent all of our vacation money for most on our marriage on music lessons and such. Brian plays the piano and the guitar... and a bunch of other instruments that I don't want in my house. And instead of doing "school", Brian spent most of his class time hours writing poetry and mini novels... when he wasn't sneaking a peek at Lord of the Rings. I wanted him to do geometry and he wanted to read JRR Tolkien. What was I thinking?? Now that he has moved on from high school, we are getting along much better.

I thought that today I would plagiarize his newest piece. You know that if you work for a company and come up with a great idea that the idea actually belongs to the company, right? I think that anything created by the children that issued from my body should rightfully belong to me anyway, don't you think?? Intellectual property or something like that.


Change

Though blue gives way to stormy skies
And though the flower slowly fades
Though death is what follows after life
Though being found follows losing your way
Though Autumn beauty is dying leaves
Though the glory of the sunset is the end of the day
We will always have our memories
So that all we love will never change.

Have a great day, and don't be afraid of the changes in your life...

2 comments:

rthling said...

Where'd that boy get such a creative bent?
Seems as if he's intent on making us cry.
Crying for one reason or another, I mean...

The Boyds Family said...

WOW!! That was excellent!!