Friday, May 30, 2008

And then there were none...

It seems that we have succeeded in selling (hate that word) all of the pups. After 5 weeks they seem more like children to me. I keep waiting for the FBI to show up at the door and arrest me for illegal trafficking or some such nonsense.

I take finding homes for them very seriously. Last litter I even went so far as to do damage to a cherished family relationship over the placement of one of Zoe's babies. She still isn't speaking to me (the family member, not Zoe); but the pup ended up in a much better situation so you take what you can get.

Yorkies are so special. They are a happy breed, but they need to be loved... And they need to "go out" more than say, a saint bernard. They have tiny little bladders and part time students working full time on the side really shouldn't be in the running.

The last baby is going to a devoted mother to another Yorkie. She even had pictures of his new big sister... Real pictures. The kind that you take your kids to get at 3 months, 6 months, 9 months, and a year. (well your first born, anyway!) That is real devotion. Even mine don't have real photographs, they are lucky when they get to go to a real groomer:) Which, by the way, is what we are going to do with the money from the puppy sale. That's right, after the vet bills (actually the bills that have been put off to pay the vet bills) are caught up I should have just enough to get every one's shots for the year and a hair cut. Sad, but true. Note to America...breeding dogs is not a profitable business. But, my own collection keeps growing:)

I am keeping the runt out of this litter, too. That makes three for me. Promised hubby to spay Zoe to remove future temptation. haha. The newest addition is a tweeny girl I named Schatzi. Her big sister, Truly Scrumptious, is thrilled...not. I would add pictures here, but they are so scruffy right now it would be bad for business! Just for the record, Diane's Cricket and Roxy are previous babies from my home so you can look at her pictures!

One more week of feedings and cleaning up after 4 puppies. yippee! Then we are off to potty train the baby... fun.

2 comments:

rthling said...

Sounds like she's going to be a good Mommy to the last puppy.
Wonder where she came from.
Hmmm, hmmm, hmmm.
And if she told her husband yet...

The Boyds Family said...

Congrats on finding new homes for your cherished pups. I LOVE Yorkies - I bought my mom one for Christmas a few years ago and she has truly become her baby...